09 April 2008

Day 9 - Way 9

Needing your dad the day after he left for a foreign country would seem to some as a curse, but to me it was a blessing. I drove my moms car today because I had to go to work and the dentist and school. When I got to school I was an hour early for my class. I had some dinner in the car and so I left the radio on to entertain me while I ate. Before I went into class I tried to turn the car back on. It would not start. The battery was shot.

Rather than panic, I sent my best friend Beezer a text message asking her if she would be able to stop by the University some time tonight to jump start the car. She said yes, so I went to class. When class was over, Beezer met me at the car. We tried to jump start it, but it would not go. As I pondered in my head the many times my dad had rescued me in this situation and the fact that for the next two years he wouldn't be rescuing me, Beezer had another thought. She prayed. What exactly she said in her prayer, I don't know, but she went back over to my car, turned the key, and the car started.

I am grateful to my Heavenly Father who knows me as an individual daughter, and will rescue me when my dad is away serving Him. I am especially grateful that He has given me an inspired friend who will not ever let me down. She has stood by me through so much and I am eternally grateful for her friendship.

1 comment:

DeLacerzzzz said...

I am happy that Beezer can take care of my sister because I can't and I want to.

It's hard to write today because of so many reasons. I feel like my blessings are my curses today. I feel like my miracles are difficulties. I feel like my opportunities are roadblocks. Something to know about me is that, until I am hurt by you, I am FIERCELY loyal. I mean drop dead disgustingly loyal. To many that would seem a blessing but as of today, it's a curse. I decided to be loyal to the ideas and people that I care for and it just hurt everyone. That was not my intention and I am sad that it turned out that way. I was only trying to deal with my feelings of hurt towards a betrayal.

I did my final project until 3 something in the morning and instead of that being a miracle, it made me be late to work, mess up an important meeting for someone, and have my boss get mad at me. So now, that miracle is a difficulty.

I still have all of my wonderful opportunities for the future but those are seeming like roadblocks because I cannot pick one or the other.

Today I was good. I went to work on time, all day, I helped out at work above and beyond, I did homework all night, I relaxed a little bit and I even made my husband a Tonkatsu dinner. So why do things go so badly after I try so hard? I am not sure.

An old friend is being dramatic and mean, my loyal buddies are upset with me, my boss is upset with me. Well, at least Tony is happy with me today. Oh yeah, I also found out that my school this summer is paid for by UCF!

There was something that I wanted to talk about in here as well but I didn't write it down so now I can't talk about it. Oh well. I suppose that everything happens for a reason. I am learning and I am just really freaking tired right now.

I just hope that my loyalty is not completely misunderstood. It may be misdirected but I love these people sooooooooooo much and would do anything for them. I am sad that it turned out to be a bad thing. I guess I am still selfish. Can't teach an old dog new tricks. I should go to bed. Too bad I am at work.