10 April 2008

Day 11 - Way 11

My parents put me in charge of a few things while they are gone. One of the responsibilities that they gave me was to deposit their income tax refund. When you aren't sure what you are going to eat everyday, it makes it difficult to deposit a huge check that could provide food and other necessities. It's not my money though, so I deposited it.

At work today I got so much work done, I was really grateful that I had the time and the brainpower to make it happen. I also went to my Lions Club meeting in the evening. I feel like we got a few things done that will move forward the club and help us to be more sustainable.

I think that the biggest blessing today was the opportunity I had to really see priorities line up more than they have in the last few days. I didn't accomplish everything I would have hoped for, and I certainly am not caught up in any respect, but I'm moving forward.

2 comments:

DeLacerzzzz said...

I totally know that feeling. Like when I have had to take giant checks somewhere for someone. But, I have never even come close to waivering. One more thing that our parents taught us. Hopefully they can find someone that has waivered in that area and teach them how they taught us.

My opportunity for today was to realize that I should help my husband more and talk to him differently. It's an opportunity because we are only at the beginning of our marriage and it's only going to get better. He's learning also so things are fun when we have our perfect communication circle kicking.

I am also learning how to follow my baby blessing and be a leader. Not a BOSS but a leader.

Anonymous said...

ChaRlie, you have inspired me. I've been reading your blog everyday, and it really has inspired me and given me a great start to my days. Yesterday I got mad at Venice, I don't know why, but I felt awful about it all night. After getting out of the house for a bit I felt better, but it made me realize what a blessing I have to have my 2 duaghters, and that I can't take them for granted. Thank you for doing this.