06 April 2008

Day 6 - Way 6

I saw first hand on Saturday what unconditional love is all about. My oldest younger brother made a promise to finish a hardwood floor. Although his shoulder is still not fully functional, he knew that it couldn't wait any longer. So, I got a few of our friends together to work on the floor and try to finish it. From 10am until 1:30pm we had friends over working hard to get the floor finished. After our friends left, we kept pushing forward trying to finish the project he had started.

By 6pm, we had finished cutting all of the pieces, but we could not finish placing them because the drills that we had to use did not have enough torque to drill into the cement. I could see his energy had been completely drained. Even with all of the work he had done and the hours he had put into finishing, he felt so terrible that he had not finished the job that he had set out to complete. He wanted so badly to keep his word and provide for someone he loves. I am so grateful that I could witness that love. He knows that unconditional love means that you care enough to keep your word and to provide for those you love even when that love may not ever be reciprocated. He is such a great example to me of faith and charity, even the pure love of Christ.

1 comment:

DeLacerzzzz said...

I agree fully with what TRacy said. That is why I hope that he one day feels in return that unconditional love that he so fully gives out. I have been doing my homework but this semester isn't turning out so well. But, job is good and life is good so I press on and not give up on everything just because I am not perfect. My blessing today is being able to do just that. Not give up.