05 April 2008

Day 5 - Way 5

Friday.....what a great, but long day. I had to make a few decisions today about my priorities, but I feel like I am still on the right track. I've been doing a ton of research lately about "new media" which basically means all of the recent applications mobile or online that allow people and businesses more opportunities to connect with the right audience to find or to provide products and services. This has allowed me to come across two interesting publications that both discussed the same topic in a round about way. The first was a book about marketing with new media. There is a section that describes online videos and how they can become viral(i.e. ok go! "treadmill song). They spread like wildfire without promotion or force from the source. The other book talked about a little pig that decided it wanted to be a happy pig, and it began spreading happiness everywhere it went. Then one day the pig had too much happiness in him and it began to seep out of him and leak to all the other pigs until the love that all the pigs felt was too much for all the pigs and it spread to all the lambs and the chickens. The reason these two stories meant so much to me today was not known until my parents arrived home from the MTC and my mother said that she thought my blog posts seemed so optimistic. The reason behind that I believe, is my understanding of how our choices influence our consequences. When you choose happiness over sadness or bitterness, your consequence or your reward will be further happiness, until there is no more room inside you and it must spread to others. The blessing for today is that. That if you choose to find joy even when it seems there is nothing to be joyful about, the one thing you will end up with is.......joy.

1 comment:

DeLacerzzzz said...

I think that I will cheat and add in a bit of Saturday since I am late today. I had another uneventful day outside of work on Friday/eating pizza, big surprise. But work was again pretty eventful. I ran into some old disco skating friends on myspace and became very happy about that. I spoke to my one friend Von and that was nice. On Saturday, I had big fights with Tony again because I have a tendency to take out my frustrations on him. Basically I am trying to answer a question about my destiny before it is time to...... I spoke to a guy at Utah State in reference to their Gifted Masters program in Education and he invited me to introduce myself to him if I attend the gifted conference this summer in Utah. That was exciting and inspiring. Last night, I made lots of progress in my trouble areas but was asked to pray in a way that I am not familiar with or comfortable with. I said the words but Heavenly Father has already heard my prayers and blessed me in ways that people outside could not ever comprehend. I finally realize what it means to give yourself over completely to Him. It's true what they say you know, He does go above and beyond if you just let go of your stubbornness and listen. So after the fights with Tony, we got caught in the rain on our bikes. Not nice Utah rain, FLORIDA RAIN. (Think Hurricanes and what not.) So, I decided to run with it and just make the most of it. I started to smile and laugh even though I could not see, was SOAKED, it was ruining my shoes, and we kept getting puddles of dirt water splashed all over us as we rode our bikes 3 miles in the hurricane. Well, Tony did not want to be happy about it because he was cold and wet. So I told him that since I am usually the grumpy one and I made the best of it then he should too. Well, he reminded me that I hardly ever make that compromise for him when he is trying to make the best of a situation and I am not. Again a humbling experience. I need to pay more attention. I try and I learn every day. I guess my miracle is that I am listening finally. While progress is slow, I can honestly say to myself, deep down inside, that I have changed my outlook on most important things and it is truly because I am letting go and letting Him guide me. It's more fun this way. I should listen more often.

I hope to find the answer to my destiny. I would really love to help gifted students out so that they don't get lost like I did..... We shall see if that is what is in the cards. Patience and time. Patience and time. Patience and time. Patience and time. (Maybe if I say it enough, it will stick.)