09 April 2008

Day 10 - Way 10

Today I have two short and simple blessings to share.

First, I finally got an email from my parents. It was very brief, but basically they are in Japan now and they are safe. I am grateful that the Lord watched out for them and their pilots and planes.

Second, my personal blessing is that I have the will to keep trying. Life is tough right now, school is overwhelming, managing a house (that is not my own and is full of things that are not my own) is harder than I ever imagined, my job is stressing me out (not that I have too much to do, but I can't seem to get my priorities straight), my family commitments are very emotionally straining and I haven't made time for my personal commitments to volunteer organizations and church, which frustrates me. I feel like I could use a genie right now. My wish would be that I could prioritize my time in such a way that I don't let anyone down and I fulfill all of my obligations. I'm not worried about where I'll be a year from now, or even a month from now, my strength comes in knowing that I can take this........... a day at a time.

1 comment:

DeLacerzzzz said...

I don't have anything wise to say to TRacy like a big sister should. Just know that Heavenly Father is aware of your efforts and so is everyone else. You don't let anybody down. Thanks for letting me know about Mom and Dad.

My blessing is that even though I did something that my professor says was "complicated" for my final project, she then went ahead and said that it is something she has never seen before. She also said it was a really unique interesting idea. She said that she loved how I approached the project from the "author's" standpoint and she loved how I was the author.

It was supposed to be an artistic project demonstrating one critical theory of literature. I chose Reader Response Criticism. I read this sentence to 15 or so people..... "Croyen's lengthy dragon tail curled into a heap as he lazily stretched out in the light that gleamed off of his massive scales." then I had them describe the dragon and where he was laying, etc. I then photoshopped pictures of what they described to me and put them all in a book. The last picture was what I thought the sentence meant as the author. Then I explained to the class that regardless of what I, the author, intended by that sentence, each person had their own free agency to decide for themselves. I suppose this could be likened to our lives. Regardless of what Heavenly Father intends for us, we have our free agency to paint the picture the way we would like to. That might be a good sunday school lesson someday.....

Anyways, everyone else just cut up magazine pictures and pasted them on paper. BORING. You know how I am.

Tony's big math test is tomorrow and he has never passed it. Everyone say your prayers for him that he will be able to remember and know what it is he is familiar with. Thanks.