21 April 2008

Day 21 - Way 21

Sunday morning the house was filled with a lot of activity as everyone prepared for church and for the trip home. We filled half of the chapel with our family. Cindee and Blake spoke in sacrament meeting. Cindee spoke about prophets and apostles and how they can be compared to a GPS unit in your car. They provide the most direct path to home. They also are influenced by a higher power that is fixed and steady, so the directions that you receive are not just from them, but are from someone that can see the whole picture. Blake spoke about the restoration of the gospel and how we can relate the process Joseph Smith took to receive the gospel as the same process that we can use to find answers to our own struggles. He spoke about the importance of being aloof, when you are unsure of what you should do.

After church the family mat back at Rob and Cindees to have some dinner. Then each family left to begin the trip back home. Doug, Buddy and I said our goodbyes and talked with Rob and Cindee for a while before we finally left. Our trip was quite an adventure.

In Fernley, I started to feel really sick. We took a little break from our trip so that I could get some fresh air. The car started to give us some trouble and I began to get worried that we would run into more car trouble. After we left Fernley, we had a pretty pleasant drive, I took some medicine so that I would be able to continue the trip. There were many miracles along our way, with the car working, with the timing of everything, we were able to be blessed along our trip in many ways.

One miracle that really stands out was the timing of our travels. We happened upon a man who had just moments before we arrived on the scene, rolled his vehicle 2-3 times in the median. He was able to walk around, but his hands were bleeding because of all the glass that had flown into them as he rolled. We gave him some water to clean his wounds off. A police officer arrived about 10 minutes after us. We asked him if he had some bandages in his vehicle. He went back to his truck and searched all over, but he had no first aid kit. Our mother, the emergency preparedness queen, had a 72 hour kit in her car, so we were able to provide an alcohol wipe and bandages for his hands, at least until the paramedics could arrive. We stayed with the police officer for a while until his backup arrived. Then we were on the road again.
In Elko, we found a gas station selling gas for $3.49/gallon. The station right off the exit was $4.00/gallon. We saved $8. When we reached an intersection down the road, the engine stopped on the car. I was so worried that we would have more problems, but as we prayed together, we knew that we would be ok. The car started again, and we continued our trip. We didn’t get home until 1:30am, but we felt so blessed to have been able to make it home safely and to have been able to be there for people in need.

1 comment:

DeLacerzzzz said...

TRacy is too freaking cute. Way to think of others TRace. I have been thinking about her lots lately as I ponder my future. She has been a huge blessing to me in answering my stupid questions about her opinion on my future. She can be pretty unselfish at times ;-)

My computer is still down but it is getting fixed. I relaxed again all day. I needed that.

Back to TRacy. I am inspired to do a dance that is inspired from her. It will be to a silly song that she would appreciate. She will love it. I hope to have the opportunity to show her someday.