24 April 2008

Day 24 - Way 24

Wednesday went surprisingly well for how terribly it actually went. I had car trouble all day. I had to go to school and a work meeting (that went long). I had to drive all over the valley. I had to make lists and get to appointments and stuff envelopes.....and I survived it all. I'm not saying i didn't complain and suffer through it all, but at the end of the day, I got in bed and went to sleep, and woke up the very next morning. Really how selfish could I get if I asked for anything more.

James E Faust wrote ("Gratitude As a Saving Principle," Ensign, Dec. 1996, 2), "One of the evils of our time is taking for granted so many of the
things we enjoy. This was spoken of by the Lord: 'For what doth it
profit a man if a gift is bestowed upon him, and he receive not the
gift?' (D&C 88:33). The Apostle Paul described our day to Timothy when
he wrote that in the last days 'men shall be lovers of their own
selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy' (2 Tim. 3:2). These sins are fellow travelers, and
ingratitude makes one susceptible to all of them."

I am grateful for the little things like waking up each morning, knowing it's ok that I wasn't perfect yesterday, God will give me another chance today!What a blessing!

1 comment:

DeLacerzzzz said...

That was a helpful quote TRacy. Thanks. Wednesday was good. I finished my class and my final. That was nice. That was my blessing. It was good.