25 April 2008

Day 26 -Way 26

On Wednesday my Dad got a letter in the mail. I open all the mail so that I can tell my parents if there is anything urgent. The letter said that my dad would be receiving an award from the Salt Lake City Police Department. I was so excited to share the news with my parents. I scanned the letter so that I could email it to them. I was able to see them as they read the letter on their email. It was great to see them smile. I know that my dad gave a lot of himself to the department over the 30+ years that he served, so to see him receive recogntion for that, especially when he has decided to continue to give service after retirement is something any kid should be proud of. I am grateful that my parents taught us the importance of service to your fellow man over all else. I also want to say, congratulations DeLacy. I have always wanted to run a 5k, so to hear that you did it is even more motivation for me to get off my behind and at least run a mile!! : )

1 comment:

DeLacerzzzz said...

WOW! Congratulations to my Daddy. He is such an amazing person and it is nice that other people can see what I see. TRacy is right. Our parents have taught us very well that it is important to serve others at all times. We all do it in different ways but I can see each of us doing it, often.

I am looking into a dance program down the street from my house to prepare for re-entering the dance world. We shall see if it works out or not ;-)

Today my husband surprised me at work and had lunch with me and then he came with me on a bike ride in order to go with me to a meeting that I had to go to. I thought that was very nice and thoughtful.