07 April 2008

Day 7 - Way 7

Today the miracle was simple. My brother Doug came home to say goodbye to my mom and dad.

They have been authorized to be home for the weekend and today was the last chance for Doug to see them before they leave early in the morning tomorrow. I know how much my mom is going to miss my brother and how much my brother is going to miss my mom, so it was so important that they say goodbye today. My mom normally doesn't cry but she did today.

I know that as my parents faithfully serve the Lord, he will bless them for their service. And if we, as their children are obedient and faithful to the commandments, the Lord will also bless us because we are willing to have our parents serve the people of Japan. I am grateful for this trial of my faith.

1 comment:

DeLacerzzzz said...

I think that my miracle today was that I am not in the loony bin. Satan has amazing ways of sneaking into your life when you are not looking. It doesn't matter how hard we try, he will get in there and try to affect us on the level that we are the most susceptible to his poison. I made it through, and my husband did as well, (poor guy). We will press on with the knowledge that we are not failing and that life can and will be lived in the light at ALL times. I am thankful for forgiveness. I wish my parents the best of everything. I have absolutely NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that they are doing the right thing and that the people over there need them more than anyone else at this time. I suppose I am thankful for that much. The idea of them doing anything but this has NEVER crossed my mind. I guess that's faith. It just seems like such common sense to me.....