28 August 2008

Day 147, 148, 149, 150 - Way 147, 148, 149, 150

Sunday (147) Today I witnessed the miracle of the restored organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Today I was given a calling, which in this church means that I have been asked to fulfill a necessary role in establishing and improving the Lords kingdom on earth. The calling which I have been given, I believe is meant specifically for me at this time, because of faith and prayers and communication I have had with my Heavenly Father the last few weeks and months. I truly believe it to be an inspired call. Boyd K. Packer gave an address on callings. I have included it as a link within this post.

Monday (148) I was able to apply for and get a job today that will help me as I prepare to further my career. I believe it is the perfect job for me at this time and I am so excited to get started. I will be substitute teaching! YEAH!

Tuesday (149) I am grateful for family. Isn't it great! I think I've used this blessing at least 2 times a month, since I started this blog. But it is so true. I can't think of anything more perfect than that. I just love all of them and today I got to talk to each of them for a minute and that was great!

Wednesday (150) Can you believe it 150 days since my parents left! Just about 5 months ago! I do not know how time can fly so fast. Every day, has been a struggle, but every day I hope I have been growing stronger. I have learned to do a lot of things for myself that I wasn't expecting. I have also learned to take care of others in a way that I was not expecting. Today, for just a brief moment, I got to talk to a cousin whose parents served in the same mission that my parents are currently serving in. I asked her how she and her siblings did it. She (thankfully) admitted that it was HARD. That it took a toll on her family. Her sister especially. But they made it. She told me that she would have her sister call me once she gets out of the hospital! She just had a baby!!! I can't wait! Hopefully I can go visit with her and her new baby and chat about the stresses of having parents on a mission and the joys and blessings that inevitably come! I know that I have been blessed, and I am soooooo very grateful for Elder Ballard's challenge to share the gospel by "joining the conversation" about the church and the blessings we receive as we live faithful to the Lords commandments. Whether or not anyone ever reads these words, I will have a wonderful record of the blessings I receive from living faithful and allowing my parents the opportunity to go and serve the Lord and his children in Japan.

1 comment:

DeLacerzzzz said...

What calling did TRacy get?

I think that today's blessing is my body's ability to react to change and to keep fighting. Also, my mind's ability to take on things that I never thought were possible.

Anthony is doing well and excited in school. He was chosen for a research assistant position and is pretty much guaranteed to become a McNair scholar which will pay for his grad school.....