08 September 2008

Day 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162 - Way 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162

I must start this post by saying that the following days were very emotional for me. Many of the things that happened in these few days were very personal to me, so I will not go into much detail. I apologize for the short descriptions.

Thursday (151) Today I visited a couple doctors offices to try to get some understanding about why I have been sick the last three months. Although they were not able to answer all of my questions, I have faith that if I will put my trust in my Savior, I will find peace and comfort.

Friday (152) I got to spend a little time with a friend today for his birthday. I took him a birthday cake and that made him pretty happy! I also got to continue the tradition of volunteering at my high school with my brother as spotters for the home football games. I'm grateful that my parents taught us the importance of volunteerism.

Saturday (153) Thank heavens for the miracle of my BYU football team. Although my mommy and daddy weren't physically at the game, I felt like they were there in spirit. I also got to take a couple pictures with me to the game, as I will for all of the games. These pictures were taken at the very last home game that my parents went to before their mission. Although to some it may not make much sense, I feel so close to my parents when I am at these games, because my parents made sure that for MY ENTIRE LIFE, literally from the year I was born until now, I was able to go to ALL the BYU football home games. I am grateful for my parents for giving me this great tradition!


Sunday (154)In Sunday school today we learned about the things we must do to keep the spirit with us in our lives. Our Sunday School teacher asked us to contemplate the question: How safe am I? We were asked to think about the things that we do in our lives and decide if those things are helping us to grow or if they are harming us. I really liked that question How safe am I? I hope to ask myself that each day as I make decisions that will have an effect on my future.

Monday (155)Labor Day. I really could have made better use of this free day. Oops.

Tuesday (156)A new employee started at my office today. I got to train her on all the important things to remember in our office. It was a little bit bitter sweet to train her though, because I realized that meant I wouldn't be doing all the things that I was training her to do. I only cried once though, and luckily not in front of her! I am grateful that my Heavenly Father has given me the peace and comfort I needed to be able to accept this change in my life.

Wednesday (157)I trained our new employee some more today. I also got to go to a movie in the evening with my roommate Mandy. We saw Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. I really enjoyed the movie and want to read the books now. I was grateful to be able to spend time with Mandy. It really helped me and cheered me up after my day of farewells to more of my old job.

Thursday (158)Got a lot of reading done at work today. I feel more prepared to build the website for my work now. I am grateful for this opportunity because I know it will help me to develop my resume and help me to know what I want to do with my new skills!

Friday (159) I took the day off today. Didn't do really much of anything! In the evening I went with my friends to a German restaurant to celebrate Germany Day! Then I went to my friend Tim's house so he could show me pictures from his trip to Peru. It was really awesome to see the places he visited and the mountains he climbed. I would love to visit those places some day. He also brought me back a rock from the top of an active volcano that he climbed in Peru. It is really awesome!

Saturday (160) I went to my friends soccer game today, then my best friend Beezer and I got to get her wedding pictures printed for her wedding album. Then I went to the state fair with my roommmate Mandy. It was really fun to look at my brothers pictures and then we watched for a few minutes to listen to the comments of people that noticed his pictures. I love my brother and am proud of him for finding something he loves and working hard to develop his talents.

Sunday (161)We had a family get together this evening. Each month our extended family on my moms side gets together to have family home evening. This month the theme of the evening was "getting to know Robby" Robby is my cousin Erin's fiance. We were all so very excited to meet him and visit with him. I had not made a decision about how I felt about Erin marrying him, but after meeting with him and being able to talk with him for a while, I felt an instant connection with him. I know he is supposed to be the man my cousin marries. He is not anything like the guy I would have guessed she would eventually marry, but he is soooo perfect for her. I am so excited to have him as a cousin! Also at the family home evening, I brought along a man that blessed our families lives a few months ago. I asked that Jay, the Elder that baptized my brother-in-law Tony, come to meet our extended family. I know that he means a lot to this family, so I wanted to make sure that the family could get to know him better.

Monday (162) Today I mailed the tape of the BYU vs. Washington game to my parents. This game was really intense, down to the last second! Then I took Doug to the bank so he could cash a check and pay his rent. When I got home, I spent the afternoon typing this blog post! I am grateful for the opportunity I have to reflect on the blessings in my life each day.

2 comments:

DeLacerzzzz said...

That's crazy that Elder Martinez went to Family Night. Lucky him! I miss everyone so much.

Things are good, hard, but good.

DeLacerzzzz said...

Time to RE-POST TRacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!